Brotherhood consist of all male members of the church, united together for the
common purpose of training and developing leadership and missionary skills in
men for outreach ministries and providing avenues that will allow additional
opportunities to minister to the community. The brotherhood supports, aid and assists all auxiliaries whenever needed. This group is also responsible for molding, shaping, and mentoring the Junior Brotherhood to help them become good stewards and workers for the overall ministry of the church
Our vision is to develop a ministry which addresses the fellowship needs of men at Progressive Union Missionary Baptist Church, provide information on service opportunities, and encourage Progressive Union Church.
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. ~ Proverbs 27:17
· Assess and meet the needs of the men of Progressive Union Missionary Baptist Church
· Through example, mentoring and testimony, establish an atmosphere where men will be prepared to hear, receive, and accept the Word of God and serve in His name.
· Serve as an example and mentor to young brothers while encouraging them to serve.
· Plan, promote and conduct Brother-hood Ministry Meetings increasing attendance by 100%.
· Mobilizing 100% of Progressive Union Missionary Baptist Church men for ministry to each other as well as other men outside the church doors.
· Establish a mentoring relationship with the Junior Brotherhood.
· Organize the ministry and conduct activities and meetings to keep the men in harmony with the Will and Spirit of the Church of Jesus Christ.
· Effectively identify and plan activities that will strengthen the men’s relationship with Jesus Christ.
Alfred L. Mathews – President
Gregory Miley –Vice President
Walter Rooks – Secretary/Treasurer
James E. Smith – Chaplain
Meeting Day and Time:
Each Monday, 6:30 p.m.
The Monday following the 4th Sunday