· Establish a mentoring relationship with the Junior Brotherhood.
· Organize the ministry and conduct activities and meetings to keep the men in harmony with the Will and Spirit of the Church of Jesus Christ.
· Effectively identify and plan activities that will strengthen the men’s relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Assess and meet the needs of the men of Progressive Union Missionary Baptist Church
· Through example, mentoring and testimony, establish an atmosphere where men will be prepared to hear, receive, and accept the Word of God and serve in His name.
· Serve as an example and mentor to young brothers while encouraging them to serve.
· Plan, promote and conduct Brother-hood Ministry Meetings increasing attendance by 100%.
· Mobilizing 100% of Progressive Union Missionary Baptist Church men for ministry to each other as well as other men outside the church doors.
The Women’s Ministries at Progressive Union seek to develop the women of the church for services to the people of God. This ministry falls within the Missionary Society and various education ministries of the church.
The Women’s Ministry provides in-reach to women through spiritual mentoring, nurturing, comfort and support to women of all ages. The Women’s Ministry group is made up of women of the church whose mission is to help prepare the women of the church for out-reach ministry. This ministry meets on third Friday nights at 6:30 pm and Bible Study Monday nights at 6:30 pm. This ministry also sponsors a Prayer Breakfast, All Africa Day (which supports the Aids effort in Africa), Women’s Day, a Women’s Retreat and a Christmas Fellowship.
TITUS II MINISTRY
All female members of Progressive Union MB Church, ages 56 and up, are eligible to become members of this Group. The TITUS II group focuses on and provides comfort and spiritual support to the sick and shut in/home bound members and non-members. For example, support is provided through home visitations, monthly 2nd Sunday visits to the Whitesburg Nursing Home, donations to recreational activities at Brookshire Health Care Center and card ministry for the sick, bereaved, and deployed PU members.
Mission: Our mission is to seek opportunities to reach out to persons, within our congregation as well as to those outside the walls of the church, who have a temporary need for support, assistance, encouragement and/or fellowship in this walk of life, whether it is of a personal, spiritual, economic, physical or social nature.
Objective: To provide service and develop ministry grounded in the Word that glorifies and witnesses for God.